Views on Reviews is a new series of interviews with B2B SaaS professionals who will provide a real-world perspective on what it’s like working on reviews. My sixth interview is with Anna Nørager Deigaard, Senior Campaign Executive at Reachdesk.
Anna Nørager Deigaard is the Senior Campaign Executive at Reachdesk, a leading B2B SaaS gifting platform.
To put that in perspective, every three months, G2 releases their quarterly reports, ranking the 100,000+ software sellers and products listed on G2.com. Of those 100,000+ software sellers and products, there were 12,335 products included in the G2 Summer 2022 Reports**. That means Reachdesk is in the top 0.018% of all products on G2 or 0.1% of all products that made a Grid® Report in terms of fastest growing products according to G2. Put another way, Reachdesk has more momentum on G2 than around 100,000 software sellers and products.
Suffice to say, if you’re looking to climb the ranks of G2, you can likely learn a thing or two from Anna, who leads the generation of Reachdesk reviews.
She has been a digital marketer on both sides of the house: agency and client (vendor), running campaigns in both B2C and B2B settings.
Let’s see Anna’s views on reviews.
*The “Fastest Growing Products” list is based on G2’s Momentum algorithm, normalized across categories.
**To understand why there are fewer products in Grid® reports than listed in category pages across the G2 site, see G2’s Grid® Report Inclusion Criteria.
1. We both have had the good fortune to have been on an international exchange: you went from Denmark to the US, and I went from Canada to Denmark. How was your experience? What did you learn on your exchange that you have applied in your career?
2. You studied Media at uni and your career has led to B2B SaaS marketing. How did you get into it (B2B SaaS Marketing)? And what do you like and dislike about it?
3. Before moving into the vendor side, you worked at a Digital Marketing agency (Heyday). By working on so many different campaigns for different companies, did you notice any best practices or pitfalls that marketers make?
4. Let’s talk about reviews. Reachdesk has been one of the fastest growing products on G2, ranked the 5th fastest-growing product in 2021 on G2’s Best of Software list and 18th on the 2022 list. Can you tell us a little bit about the overall review strategy at Reachdesk?
5. G2 seems to be the primary review site for Reachdesk. Can you share why?
6. What are some of the most effective review generation tactics used by Reachdesk?
7. Reachdesk ran a G2 Gives review campaign. Can you tell us how it went and what you recommend to others who are considering a G2 Gives review campaign?
8. There seems to be buy-in for reviews right from the top at Reachdesk, with CRO and Founder Alex Olley sharing LinkedIn posts on it. Can you share what the internal message has been from Alex to the Reachdesk team on reviews for Reachdesk?
9. You use review content, such as Reachdesk’s G2 badges and rank, on the Reachdesk website, social media, and ads. Can you share why you’ve leveraged this social proof in your digital marketing?
10. What’s next for Reachdesk and reviews?
- As a relatively new company, one way to make a name for yourself is by getting a steady (and large) stream of reviews on a review site like G2.
- After making a name for yourself by generating lots of reviews, consider adapting your strategy to what it takes to rank highly in your respective software categories.
- An effective review generation tactic is to combine NPS responses, collaborate with the Customer Success team for review request outreach, and provide an incentive to leave a review.
- When starting with reviews, consider focusing your time and resources on properly growing your presence on one review site rather than “half-arse a handful.”
- Timing, personalization, and one-to-one requests from the person who has the best relationship with your user may provide more reviews than a thoughtful one-to-many reviews campaign, even one that supports one of the many worthy causes supported by G2 Gives. Consider combining the two (timely and personalized results with an incentive option for a charitable cause) for the best results.
- Part of the reason Reachdesk has had a steady stream of reviews is that it has an overall company goal (for reviews) that goes beyond the marketing department.
- Review sites like G2 provide third-party validation that allows B2B SaaS vendors to back their claims.
Do you have follow-up questions for Anna? Add and message her on LinkedIn.
To learn more about Reachdesk , visit their site and reach out to their team.
To learn about Reachdesk going carbon neutral, visit their page on sustainability.
Curious to learn more about the G2 Best of Software lists? Check out the FAQs on G2 Best of Software.
If you’d like to share your experience generating, leveraging, or measuring B2B SaaS reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org