Some suggestions for getting customer to volunteer for giving. a customer story or testimonial
- Offer incentives: Consider offering a discount or other perks to customers who agree to participate in a testimonial or customer story.
- Make it easy: Make the process of providing a testimonial or customer story as simple and convenient as possible. For example, you can provide a template or a list of questions to help guide their responses.
- Gamify the process: If a customer provides a testimonial or story they receive points which can eventually be cashed in for swag, educational credits, gift cards, etc.
- Share the benefits: Let customers know how their testimonial or customer story will be used and how it will benefit them. For example, you could explain that their story will help other customers make informed decisions or that it will be shared on social media, which could help increase their own visibility.
- Show appreciation: Thank customers for their time and efforts in providing a testimonial or customer story. This can make them feel valued and more likely to do it again in the future.
- Highlight their contribution: Feature them on your site or in your emails or in other communications.
- Follow up: If you haven’t received any volunteer testimonials or customer stories, consider reaching out to a few customers directly and asking if they would be willing to share their experiences.
- Personalize the request: Reach out to customers individually and ask if they would be willing to share their experience with your product or service. Personalized requests are more likely to be successful.
- Share the love: When you receive a positive testimonial, be sure to share it with your audience. This can encourage other customers to speak up and share their own experiences.
Final note: Remember to show gratitude: Thank your customers for their business and for taking the time to provide a testimonial. This will make them feel valued and appreciated, and may make them more likely to do it again in the future.