How to Track Customer References
- Use a Customer Marketing Automation Platform or reference manage tool. These allow you to easily collect, organize, and manage customer references, as well as track their effectiveness. It contains a front end – user facing experience that enables people to sign up references or to provide content (testimonials, etc.). You want to make sure that this platform manages the complete customer life cycle, tracks workflows (when a reference gets shared with a sales rep and then with a customer, etc. )This information can then flow into your CMR system.
- Just use a customer relationship management (CRM) system: A CRM system is a tool that helps you manage and track customer interactions and data. It can be a great way to keep track of customer references and other important information about your customers.
- Create a spreadsheet: You can create a spreadsheet in a program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to track customer references. This can be a simple and effective way to keep track of important information about your customers, including their contact information and any references they have provided.
- Use Airtable or Google Tables. They are similar to a Google Sheet, but provide more ‘database’ type of capability.
- Use a project management tool: If you work with a team, you may find it helpful to use a project management tool like Asana or Trello to track customer references. This can help you keep track of customer interactions and ensure that everyone on your team has access to important information about your customers.
No matter which approach you choose, it’s important to regularly update and maintain your customer reference tracking system to ensure that it stays accurate and current.