Associate Director of Customer Marketing
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning content in an audience-first format. We are looking for an experienced and innovative customer marketing professional to help us nurture and retain our customers for Axios Pro, our new paid subscription product!
Why it matters: The Associate Director will develop and lead the customer marketing function, and will be responsible for managing subscriber engagement initiatives and supporting the customer journey for both B2C and B2B customers.
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will be highly organized, relationship-focused, and entrepreneurial. Responsibilities include:
- Implement a scaled customer lifecycle program for subscribers
- Develop and execute customer engagement strategies in partnership with Customer Success team colleagues and cross-functional departments
- Lead efforts to promote new product launches and feature updates to customers
- Create marketing collateral for account management to support the B2B customer lifecycle, from onboarding through renewal
- Oversee strategy for our subscriber community initiatives, in partnership with the Editorial and Events teams
- Identify key customers to participate in case studies and testimonials, and manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Collect and share customer feedback to help guide our strategy and product roadmap
The details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative spirit, strategic mindset, and passion for the Axios mission. This position requires the following:
- Demonstrated marketing experience, including executing email campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement, retention and growth
- Customer-centric mindset with strong commercial instincts
- Technical knowledge of digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms
- High proficiency in relationship building and relationship management
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to be adaptable and creative as the Axios Pro team and product grows
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
On target earnings for this role is in the range of $90,000-$110,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.