Content Marketing Manager, Client Stories
About the opportunity:
Shutterstock is much more than a stock photography company. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, providing a wide range of services from 3D, music, and footage to custom branded campaigns, tech integrations, generative AI, and editorial assets.
The Content Marketing Manager, Client Stories at Shutterstock will bring these stories to life. We are looking for a creative storyteller with excellent interpersonal and project management skills. You will produce weekly cadences of high-visibility client case studies through content such as blogs, sizzle reels, social, webinars, documentaries, one-sheets, guides, and other content formats. As the focal point of these cross-functional client case studies, you will work with sales, PR, legal and marketing both internally and externally to seed case studies, nurture client relationships, create compelling content, and build integrated promotional campaigns.
A successful Content Marketing Manager, Client Stories will play a critical role in expanding Shutterstock’s brand perception from stock photo company to the creative partner that brands can trust!
The day to day:
Project Management and Strategy:
- Work with sales, clients, and other stakeholders to source client case studies and create a regular pipeline of potential stories to pursue
- Facilitate the pitch process – help sales with outreach and follow-ups, understand what is needed to get our foot in the door, and strategize ways to make our requests compelling and/or mutually beneficial (i.e. co-marketing efforts)
- Once content is in draft, facilitate review cycles from both internal and external stakeholders, including consolidating feedback from client PR and legal teams
- Nurture the client relationship and pitch additional content opportunities for longer-term campaigns as relevant
- Craft integrated marketing plans to promote assets across email, social, sales, global customer care, and PR
- Interview clients and internal teams on how Shutterstock and/or our Acquisitions have provided services beyond photography – i.e, Enterprise/Branded Content Studios, 3D, music, and more.
- Create content that tell impactful stories of customer success through content such as blogs, videos/documentaries, long-form case studies, and one-sheets
- Formulate content ideas to pitch to clients and create mockups of content as needed
- Work with vendors/agencies, clients, and/or internal teams to produce, edit, finalize, and publish creative assets
- Write promotional materials to support the roll-out of client success stories & client case studies like social copy and emails
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with a focus on client case studies and both short-form and long-form storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent B2B marketing content writing and editing experience
- Strong creative ideation skills, with an ability to pitch ideas and gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Track record of bringing cross-functional teams together for large-scale projects
- Tenacity in pursuing a story pipeline and driving these stories to market
- Thorough understanding of the role of content journeys in progressing top-of-funnel initiatives into lower/end-of-funnel, revenue-generating activities
- Experience working across a variety of content formats – such as video, blog, pdfs, webinar, social media – and both gated and ungated content
- Proven prioritization, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working with a sense of urgency
- Experience using data to optimize or create content and/or improve marketing campaigns
- Strong attention to detail balanced with a focus on the client using honesty, integrity and ethics
Any of these would be a bonus:
- Documentary experience
- You have a direct impact on the success of the company. Your team’s work matters and is essential to the evolution of our core business!
- Executive leadership cares personally. They prioritize growth and planning your career path with your goals and passions in mind
- Flexibility to work between home and office with everything you need to be successful in both
- A generous and competitive benefits package
- Shutterstock connects diverse artists and creative professionals around the globe with the agencies, brands and people who need their work and services. It’s a place where creators come to be inspired and discover new ways to produce their best work.
- Shutterstock enables its employees to drive culture and tap into the world around them to develop the toolbox and solutions that help others share their world views. At Shutterstock, your ideas will be welcomed, your uniqueness will be celebrated, and you will be supported in presenting your view of the world as you experience it. We’re champions of resiliency; quickly learning from our shortcomings in our pursuit of continuous growth.
- Diverse teams are critical to our success. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply and we commit to creating and maintaining a culture where employees know they belong and have equal opportunities to succeed.
At Shutterstock, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. The compensation package offered may vary depending on employment experience, skills, and knowledge. You may also be eligible for our generous benefits package including health, wellness and financial benefits. Compensation ranges for candidates in locations outside of the location(s) below may differ based on the cost of labor, market, and additional factors.
The pay range for this position is below:
• 70,000 – 95,000 per year in New York
Note: Commission-eligible roles are expressed as on-target earnings (base and commission). Non-commission roles are expressed as base salary only but are also eligible for annual incentives.
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
To apply for this job please visit careers.shutterstock.com.