At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on our company page.
About the Role
Udemy Business is looking for an experienced B2B Customer Marketing Manager to evolve and manage our global customer experience around onboarding, adoption, and retention. This is a hands-on, management role, where you’ll be leading a small, talented team to develop marketing campaigns that onboard, engage, and retain Udemy Business customers, and create enablement tools that empower customer facing teams to do the same.
You have significant expertise developing and optimizing lifecycle marketing programs from purchase through renewal in a B2B environment. You have a consistent track record of using marketing results, customer insights, and analytics to inform and scale successful global marketing programs.
You have a passion for building creative and successful data-driven, personalized marketing programs and teams, can organize and drive critical initiatives toward common goals, and are capable and comfortable engaging with execs and individual contributors alike.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Marketing and can be based in San Francisco or Denver.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Own end-to-end development and management of global retention campaigns across channels (e.g. in-product, email, etc.), including strategy, copy development, campaign setup, A/B testing, localization, reporting, and optimization to increase activation, engagement, adoption, and retention
- Manage a small team of marketers and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization
- Define the segmentation strategy that enables personalization at scale
- Courageously test and improve all marketing streams to optimize the customer experience
- Partner with DS, CS, and Renewals teams to develop and optimize programs for at-risk customers
- Collaborate with the analytics team to create reporting and dashboards in order to better understand campaign performance and create transparency across the organization
- Partner closely with the engineering team to oversee customer data martech stack and look for opportunities to evolve automation and workflows
- Ensure best practices and continue to improve the workflow of the customer lifecycle marketing team, identifying operational efficiencies, and vetting 3rd party tools to support team goals
- Work across teams (Data Science, Product Marketing, Community, Customer Success, Legal) to gain alignment and contribute to company OKRs
- Present regularly on program performance and successes to senior leaders across the organization
We’re excited about you because you will have:
- 4-6 years experience managing B2B, subscription-based, digital retention marketing programs
- Management and team development experience
- In-depth knowledge in digital marketing, especially in omni-channel CRM/Lifecycle marketing and retention/engagement strategies and personalization tactics
- Strong analytical prowess with proven ability to derive insights that inform marketing strategy
- Solid understanding of testing frameworks and methodologies and the ability to design end-to-end experiments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills, with a problem-solving mindset, positive attitude, and team-orientation
- Experience building compelling and creative campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and writing skills
- Strong collaboration skills,, with an ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive performance objectives
- Experience using CRM automation tools (Braze or similar) and analytics & data visualization tools (i.e. Looker)
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we’d love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it’s like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
Health plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
Charitable matching program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status (up to $100 per year).
Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
Parental benefits: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable; a $25,000 lifetime benefit for reimbursement of eligible fertility, adoption, and surrogacy expenses.
Holidays: 11 paid holidays throughout the year.
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Compensation: Salary range starts at $125k + Equity + Benefits (see below)
To apply for this job please visit app.careerpuck.com.