Minted is seeking an experienced, dynamic e-commerce marketer to lead Minted’s strategic retention marketing efforts. You will be responsible for developing innovative approaches to recruiting customers in key life stages (e.g., wedding, new baby) and driving significant LTV (lifetime value) expansion across the Minted portfolio. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic, analytical leader to develop and execute strategies that make Minted a destination that customers discover at a personal milestone and return to for all of their meaningful life moments. You will partner with each of the businesses’ general managers (GMs) to develop and execute strategies that achieve each category’s goals. And, you will own the creation and execution of CEO and Board-sponsored strategies to convert Minted customers across categories, increasing company-wide LTV. This highly visible, highly cross-functional role will partner across categories and functions to drive results.
In the role, you will:
- Own holistic Minted retention strategy, including cross-functional strategies to drive LTV within each category, and to convert customers across Minted categories
- Own strategy for customer experiences that drive repeat behavior (e.g., address book, personal dates); partner with product management to bring these strategies to life
- Own loyalty programs, including managing and evolving our existing program, Minted More, and defining and launching new programs
- Own a very large email marketing channel, including batch, lifecycle programs, triggered, and transactional emails
- Own identification and launch of new channels, such as text/SMS or push notifications
- Own lead generation partnerships for each of Minted’s target customer segments – wedding, moms, and art. Pursue creative strategic partnerships to scale new customer acquisition
- Own onsite lead generation, including developing strategies to drive “shallow conversions”, e.g., sampling, quizzes, etc.
- A strong email marketer, rooted in data and have overseen email channels delivering multi-million dollars in revenue
- A strategic, consumer-centric thinker. You are a superb strategist who has proven the ability to identify opportunities and a sound strategic path to achieve them. You understand consumer segments deeply and intuitively, and you naturally gravitate to the consumer when answering questions or considering strategies
- Results-oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and merit-based, and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change
- A curious generalist. You are interested in and comfortable engaging across many businesses, including working directly with GMs of several very different businesses, plus analytics, product management, engineering, brand, and more
- A shopper or collector. You have strong natural retail insights and an understanding of how and why consumers use Minted products, informed by a personal interest in shopping or collecting design or fashion goods. You have a strong personal passion for Minted’s categories of products
- A strong cross-functional and team leader, fun to work with and for, effective in influencing and coaching others and collaborating with them to create phenomenal results
- Strong track record of building, managing, and mentoring high-performance teams. You have a high bar for talent and will continuously raise the bar at Minted
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing and/or eCommerce experience
Artists shape culture. They spark conversation, create connection, and bring beauty into the world. Minted is where they come together to reach further. Our marketplace empowers a thriving community of independent artists to sell and scale their work. We nurture self-expression, cultivate community, and bring the best in visual art to a global audience.
We’re building a new way to discover the world’s best creative talent. We’re here for the emerging talent ready to take off, the local favorites ready to grow, and the established artists ready to dream bigger.
At Minted, our people don’t just believe in the power of art–we live it. We have our finger on the pulse of what’s new and now. We’re obsessed with great design, art, and interiors. We’re in galleries, at fairs, and constantly finding inspiration online. We seek undiscovered talent that deserves to stand up and stand out. We connect with artists that have something to say, and we collaborate to amplify their work. The Minted community’s art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Our marketplace brings the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. We recognize the challenges independent artists face, and we leverage our resources to level the playing field and create a platform that gives artists the freedom to develop their craft and grow their business.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employ 350+ full-time employees, plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. We have raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
How Our Process Works
Minted uses technology and innovative practices to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.