At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Brand & Customer Advocacy Leader is responsible for the vision and strategy of how F5 presents itself to customers. The position is at the forefront of F5’s communication of positioning and values – through its brand and through its direct, in-person interaction with customers. This leader will elevate and modernize the brand while upleveling our existing global customer programs, all to drive greater awareness of our broad portfolio among those who know us, and to ensure that those who aren’t familiar with us become aware of our software and SaaS solutions. This role works to establish a competitive advantage in key markets and long-term value to the business by leading both the strategic and the creative arms of the brand, as well customer advocacy to support loyalty, retention, and growing our global fanbase.
In this role you will evolve brand strategy to elevate our brand among those who know us and those who don’t, ensure that our human-first brand values and tone are established and are felt throughout our customer touch points, and increase the connection our customers feel to F5 via our brand advocacy efforts.
The ideal candidate is innovative and enjoys generating new ideas to push the bounds of marketing. They will seamlessly balance strategic thinking with tactical execution. They are collaborative, passionate, and have a talent for connecting with customers. They thrive under fast-paced and complex conditions, and they are adept at planning, staffing, budgeting, evolving process, and successfully scaling to achieve GMCX’s goals.
- Elevate and modernize the F5 brand to support our transformation into security and modern application delivery, expanding offerings into software and services, through F5 campaigns that reach current and prospective customers
- Lead the strategy and ongoing plans to shift F5 fully to a “branded house”
- Manage the perception of F5 among influencers, customers, and internal stakeholders, and drive brand principles consistently across all customer touchpoints, and inform the plans for how we execute our brand strategy to maximize impact
- Act as a strategic advisor and/or lead in the event of a merger or acquisition; collaborate with product marketing on new product brand introduction; evolve a rules-based approach to introduce and/or integrate new brands; implement internal marketing/change management to support adoption of brand standards
- Be the “voice of the customer” internally — capturing and communicating customer insights back to a variety of internal teams (for example: marketing, product management and sales enablement teams).
- Identify what success looks like for global customer advocacy, including what programs will get us there, and driving execution within the team, and across other functions.
- Drive strong growth within customer advocacy efforts, working closely with your team on customer testimonials (video and written), customer quotes, customer speakers’ bureau, customer review platform strategy and executive programs.
- Build and drive the strategy for customer engagement and communication programs, such as global events (i.e., lead the annual conference and identify the right mix of third-party events), roadshows, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns.
- Oversee the management of our Customer Advisory Board (CAB) program that helps shape F5’s product and go-to-market strategies while also providing a forum for peer networking across members to develop solutions to grow their businesses.
- Infuse customer stories into the customer journey across our internal and external initiatives
- Align with Customer Success leadership to execute customer-centric strategies that increase net retention, net promoter scores, and customer lifetime value.
- Implement efficient governance processes and workflows that facilitate teams as a shared-service resource; prioritize requests based on business priorities
- Ability to collaborate across Executive Leadership, Product and Portfolio Marketing, Sales Enablement, Customer Success, Product Management, Analyst Relations, Global Demand Center, Field Marketing, Human Resources, and Finance.
- BA in communications, marketing, or similar degree
- Minimum 15 years directly related experience in marketing, brand management and customer advocacy
- Successful experience transforming brand and brand perception
- Demonstrated ability to lead a global customer advocacy program – strategy balanced with tactical execution
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, including development of original content and the ability to construct concise and well-written narratives
- Strategic, creative and precise storyteller
- Sensitivity towards non-US cultures and business practices resulting in the ability to collaborate and coordinate globally
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate internal teams and external agencies to find efficient and effective solutions cross-functionally.
- Prior management of multi-functional teams of 40+
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence. Experience managing multiple stakeholders and senior executives, both internally and externally, to develop and execute marketing programs
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
- Enterprise tech experience, and fluency in issues related to digital transformation, cybersecurity, SaaS, and diversity & inclusion
- Experience in working with C-suite executives, technology leads and international clients, customers and/or stakeholders
Open to anywhere in the United States
# #LI-CLWF5 | #LI-Remote | #LI-Hybrid
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates.Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job.Request by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit f5.recsolu.com.