Who are we
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
We are seeking a results-driven, collaborative Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing to lead a team taking our customer lifecycle marketing program to the next level in partnership with the Marketing Operations and Customer Outcomes teams.
Samsara is building a customer lifecycle program that leverages the power of customer insights, data, and automation to guide new customers successfully through each stage of their lifecycle – from onboarding to product adoption to advocacy, renewal, expansion, and beyond. You’ll be responsible for leading a team tasked with building a Customer Lifecycle program that delivers an automated experience that feels truly human – reliably delivering actionable, customized communication and content at the right time to help our customers get the most out of their Samsara investment. Key to this is a Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing that acts as a true owner, leading the team while being willing to roll up their sleeves to:
- Deliver customer journeys and content centered in the user’s perspective
- Drive focused experimentation and continuous improvement rooted in data with outsized results against customer retention, product adoption, advocacy, and expansion goals
- Partner with teams across Samsara to evolve our customer lifecycle program to meet the continuous needs of the business and become a center of excellence for operations and customer experience
- This is a highly collaborative role and team that is a part of the broader Customer Marketing team. This program is mission critical to Samsara’s long-term growth – ensuring customer retention, product adoption, loyalty & advocacy, and expansion across our expanding customer base.
In this role, you will:
- Drive customer lifecycle program with operational excellence:
- Lead the team to collaborate and partner with Marketing Operations and Customer Outcomes to drive business outcomes and results.
- Build infrastructure, digital lifecycle journeys, communication touchpoints, processes, and reporting necessary to support near-perfect movement of thousands of customers through their Samsara lifecycle journey; ensuring reliability and tracking of end-to-end customer progress through the funnel from onboarding, product adoption, renewal, advocacy to expansion.
- Build a repeatable motion to optimize current lifecycle journeys through experimentation and data: Lead the team to build a repeatable motion to systematically identify and improve lifecycle touchpoints and journeys to drive towards business outcomes.
- Partner to effectively diagnose and make recommendations on experiment opportunities and prioritization of investment between levers (i.e. better customer enablement tools, more sophisticated customer audience customization, better delivery channels, etc.); actively provide feedback to help enhance experiment/project effectiveness.
Develop lifecycle roadmap and pioneer new journeys based on company need: Develop a deep
- understanding of our customer and partner with stakeholders across levels to evaluate and build a cross-team quarterly and yearly roadmap for team investment (i.e. new geographies, new products, and more to meet business needs) for a long-term time horizon.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop processes for roadmap intake and develop prioritization criteria to evaluate investments.
- Mature team processes and drive a consistent operating model: Work with cross-functional leaders to develop consistent team processes plus grow and iterate on our team operating model.
- Drive cross-functional alignment and communication: Proactively and collaboratively, drive cross-functional alignment across the company, including Customer Outcomes and Product, to drive a cohesive customer experience, share learnings, and ensure smooth change management.
- Measure campaign and program effectiveness and share across the business: Partner with Marketing Operations and Analytics to build a best-in-class reporting practice to drive near-live view of journey funnel performance to inform continuous improvement on lifecycle journeys
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success,
- Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-8+ years managing a lifecycle marketing or customer marketing team and/or digital customer retention or adoption/nurture team in a fast-paced B2B SaaS environment
- History of successfully launching multiple end-to-end data-driven lifecycle programs from scratch
- Robust experience coaching a team to invest in the right levers to drive outsized results in areas like customer retention, product adoption, customer loyalty & advocacy, and expansion
- Outstanding business judgment and a deep love for data-based decision-making and experimentation
- Structured thinker with a strong program and experimentation management foundation to enable strong coaching
This is a demanding position with high internal visibility that requires a strong work ethic, prioritization, and high emotional intelligence; the ideal candidate is often viewed as a strategic “operator” and top leader by peers and leadership
Cross-functional collaborator with strong listening skills rooted in empathy to develop authentic relationships, influence stakeholders at all levels and globally, and coach team effectively
Deploys curiosity to become an expert on the customer – understanding their behaviors, motivations, blockers, and goals and weaves this into decision-making and execution – and enjoys educating others on the customer’s perspective
Strong copywriting foundation, with the ability to help the team iterate to strong ‘no fluff’ content and enablement materials
Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy
Strong written and verbal communication
Track record of building and managing programs with sophisticated road mapping skillset and a lover of documentation
Experience using Iterable or another ESP required
Strong personal philosophy that aligns with Samsara’s values
An ideal candidate also has:
Email coding experience (HTML / CSS)
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
To apply for this job please visit www.samsara.com.