We have the foundation of a reference program and investment in Crowdvocate as our platform
Mission: The ideal candidate is passionate about building relationships with customers, engaging them in programs that drive mutual success, and working with them to bring their success stories to market. The Advocacy Manager will launch/ steward Avalara’s advocacy program across the globe so that customers of all sizes will want to join.
By creating compelling advocacy relationships that contribute to our customers’ overall experience with Avalara, this position plays a key role influencing revenue growth, building our brand, and overall retention efforts.
What you will be doing
As the Avalara Ambassador (customer advocacy) Program Manager you will be responsible for managing and executing all advocacy strategic campaigns to drive overall customer engagement, retention, and loyalty of Advocates. The Advocacy Program Manager will help organize Advocacy program activities & events, form strong relationships with our top customer influencers, partner with the Reference Manager to identify and nurture sales reference candidates, and work with marketing stakeholders to produce case studies, 3rd party reviews, video testimonials, etc.
- Develop advocacy program strategy that builds enduring customer relationships, moves the business forward, and ensures customers receive value from the program
- Leverage and manage customer advocacy platform (Crowdvocate) and its associated connections (Salesforce.com, Sendoso, email) to aggregate and oversee our advocates, advocacy campaigns, and facilitate internal requests for advocates from across the company – understanding urgency and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with partners across the organization (sales, marketing, product) and advocates to capture and deliver customer stories that illustrate their success with Avalara including video testimonials, event participation, speaking opportunities, case studies, online reviews, etc.
- Support current customer communities and advocates [e.g., Customer Advisory Boards (CABs), Customer Reference communities, online support communities] and other advocacy initiatives
- Recruit new advocates into the program, build relationships with them, and drive their ongoing engagement by aligning activities to their interests and priorities
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate the program. Use insights to identify opportunities for new initiatives, improvements, etc. and implement
- Build awareness across the marketing, customer loyalty, and sales organization about the advocacy program and the benefits associated with customer advocacy activities.
The success of this role will be measured by your ability to expand and grow a young advocacy program (e.g., increase advocate enrollment, expand participation in online reviews, testimonials, etc.), as well as your ability to quantify impact and ROI on advocacy program investment.
What you bring to the team
The ideal candidate can think strategically as well as implement the ideas by collaborating and partnering across a matrixed organization. This Advocacy Manager must lead with a “customer-first” mentality and be comfortable in a fast paced, growing SaaS company.
- 8+ years of customer advocacy and/or customer community experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- B2B software-as-a-service (SaaS) experience
- Proven track record in creating and managing innovative and targeted Advocacy programs that generate results
- Clear and direct communicator; ability to identify, craft and articulate value propositions of the program to both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and operational discipline; personal awareness of when you are at capacity and need to outsource aspects of Advocacy management
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with senior management, peers, and customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with partners across an organization with varied priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity and full ownership within a highly matrixed environment
- Experience with people management (formally or through agency oversight) and excitement for continued opportunities with a global marketing team
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.