This is a remote position that could be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Calix is looking for a Senior Manager, Community and Customer Advocacy to drive Customer Success engagement-at-scale through our on-line Calix Community. The ideal leader will have passion for connecting people, both with content and Calix experts and industry peers to provide education and learning across digital platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a mix of relationship management, business, and marketing skills. In this cross-functional role, you will work with product, sales, customer success, success programs and TAC to curate content across our online community, which include knowledge base articles, community chatter groups, discussion threads and more. You should wake up every morning helping Calix realize our vision of “Connecting Everyone and Everything”. You will report to the Director, Digital Programs, Education, and Community.
As a leader in the Success organization, you will coach your team and recruit internal content creators to provide engaging content across our platforms in multiple formats (Knowledge Articles, videos, discussion threads, etc.) and always be thinking of the next step of learning for our customers. You will moderate customer groups on the Calix Community, and ensure their questions are being answered by Calix experts and their peers. You will work with internal content creators to increase engagement across the Community, while also increasing content quality and usefulness.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Implement a dynamic, engaging, personalized digital on-line Community experience.
- Assist in developing and executing a Content Lifecycle Strategy across all Digital Program, Education and Community platforms, which include Knowledge Base Articles, videos, presentations, etc.
- Lead a team of moderators and customer advocacy program leads to produce quality Community content across the Calix portfolio.
- Plan and execute a community content strategy ensuring all types of content is represented in the Community (video, written articles, etc.).
- Partner with the Digital Programs team with customer journey development on the Community
- Surface and prioritize community feedback to the product team and provide a feedback loop on new feature requests and product feedback.
- Oversee moderation of Community Chatter groups of various sizes.
- Encourage participation in the Calix Champion Advocate program to engage “power users”, partners and others in the ecosystem.
- Increase engagement of existing community members targeted personas.
- Increase internal awareness and involvement in the community, including management of the internal volunteer moderator program.
- Determine, measure, and communicate KPIs for each audience segment (members / super users / internal users).
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineering, operations, product management, legal, policy, and public relations to deliver results.
- Keep an active pulse on community conversations worth sharing and transform them into content that can be distributed to the greater community.
- Proactively engage users for product testimonials, user-generated content, and advocacy relationships.
- Calix requires all employees based in North America who will work onsite at a Calix office, attend in-person meetings, and/or travel on behalf of Calix to be fully vaccinated. Calix will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required under applicable law.
- 8-12 years of experience developing and growing online communities (forums, discussion groups, social networks) or developing and leading Customer loyalty programs.
- 3+ years of proven team leadership with the ability to attract, develop and retain a high-performing team that exceeds its goals in a fast-growing Community, Customer Success, Marketing function.
- Strong people leadership skills and the proven ability to manage multiple workstyles and personalities in a remote work environment.
- Proven understanding of the latest community management and engagement best practices.
- Experience with online communities as a user, moderator or community manager and experience increasing engagement.
- Experience working with digital community platforms (Salesforce) is a significant plus.
- Strong communications skills, including writing for a variety of channels and platforms.
- Experience using data in decision making; demonstrated understanding of tracking and metrics.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders to get things done
- Ability to write short form copy that entices engagement.
- Superior project planning and execution skills, with a strong sense of ownership and ability to multi-task, prioritize, anticipate obstacles, and deliver viable solutions in a timely manner.
- Future Travel Expectation: Less than 25%.
- Remote-based position in the United States or Canada.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.