About the job
As a foundational member of our Customer Marketing team, your primary responsibility will be to define, build, and bring a world-class customer advocacy program to life.
Vanta is on a mission to secure the internet and protect consumer data. Our security tools have been adopted by more than 3,000 companies including Chili Piper, Clubhouse, Gem and more..
Vanta is looking for a Customer Advocacy Senior Manager to help build and scale our customer reference and advisory programs as we enter a new and exciting growth phase. As a foundational member of our Customer Marketing team, your primary responsibility will be to define, build, and bring a world-class customer advocacy program to life. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally to support a wide spectrum of private and public reference activities that align with our strategic initiatives. You will help expand the voice of our customers and have a very impactful role that directly ties to pipeline production, customer engagement, and retention.
What you’ll do as a Customer Advocacy Senior Manager at Vanta:
- Build and execute world-class customer advocacy marketing at Vanta
- Develop, manage, own and advocate the Vanta customer reference program while driving recognition of the Vanta brand through the customer voice
- Implement the systems and processes that are necessary to build Vanta’s customer reference program
- Partner closely with marketing, customer success, sales, and the executive team to identify potential customer advocates, work with sales to encourage their support of advocacy activities, and connect with customers to match them to opportunities that allow them to be experts and influencers
- Help further establish the process and strategy for working with cross-functional teams in terms of receiving, validating, leveraging, and executing on a customer story across program types. Find new ways to recognize and cultivate more customer evangelists
- Partner closely with the Community Manager to build initial customer engagement and community programs and find new ways to engage and reward advocates at scale
Help launch and lead Vanta’s Customer Advisory and Product Advisory Boards to help Vanta drive valuable relationships with key customers
- Manage and evolve ongoing customer programs such as events, referral programs, Customer Advisory Boards, etc.
- Define KPIs that measure program effectiveness, brand affinity, and customer loyalty: Analyze program performance and independently optimize to improve efficacy and drive adoption
How to be successful in this role:
- Have 4-7 years of direct participation or ownership of customer advocacy marketing
- Have customer-facing experience (particularly with senior level audiences), and experience initiating and fostering relationships with customers
Strong executive presence – proven experience working with executives and C-levels
- Worked cross-functionally (especially with Sales, Engineering and Support) in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable with conflict resolution and a problem-solver who can juggle customer demands while managing complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize amidst many moving pieces and complete tasks with high quality and on-deadline; often viewed as an “operator” by peers and management
- Want to be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative team
What you can expect as a Vanta:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vanta’ns forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American’s social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers’ credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta’s mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn’t certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.