Website WP Engine
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.We believe the designers and developers of the modern web are the most essential creatives of our time. With every dream they bring online, every experience they enable, they are creating the digital front doors of businesses everywhere. We believe in the freedom of the open Web that allows for unrestricted personal expression and true site ownership. Open source WordPress, the CMS behind 43% of the Web, embodies this freedom. We believe the creative minds building WordPress experiences should spend their time innovating for our collective future. Not being shackled with software maintenance, hardware administration and troubleshooting at all hours.Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has relentlessly pursued this vision to become the world’s leading WordPress experience platform, now with over 1M customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the role we play in enabling digital acceleration for businesses of all sizes around the world. We do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for our team members to thrive. In our annual Great Places to Work survey, 99% of employees believe they’re made to feel at home!
The VP, Lifecycle Marketing will be responsible for driving customer growth and deepening engagement across products to drive loyalty, NRR and LTV. Success in this role will require 1) building a highly effective Customer Engagement strategy and digital-first playbook, 2) using customer and usage data to optimize personalized interactions, 3) structuring and leading a high-performance Lifecycle Marketing team, as well as 4) building strong cross-functional partnerships to create long-term, high value relationships with customers and the community. This individual must be comfortable leading in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.The VP will collaborate closely with leaders across the product and technology organizations, the community team, finance, analytics, sales, marketing, and our in-house content and creative teams on a number of projects to drive customer happiness and engagement.Using data to understand our customers, you will define and drive execution of a lifecycle strategy that drives retention, engagement, and lifetime value. You’ll partner closely with the content, creative, and technical teams to develop, test, and optimize programs that engage and delight our customers.The lifecycle team owns engagement for all stages of users’ lifecycle. You will complement acquisition initiatives by providing a thoughtful, strategic, customer-first approach to drive upsell, cross-sell and retention, by focusing on customer insights and strategies.
- Build a complete marketing roadmap through customer segmentation, journey mapping, connected cross-platform experiences and sophisticated CRM
- Collaborate with product leadership to drive discovery, engagement, and retention by establishing critical martech infrastructure, and delivering integrated content and commerce experiences that cultivate repeat visits (DAU/MAU), conversion, and builds LTV
- Partner with product and research/analytics to determine how and where to integrate registration opportunities and gates throughout the platform experience to balance ad sales monetization and longer-term loyalty and retention
- Collaborate with our Product and Prod Marketing teams to understand release schedules, partnerships, and profitability to drive upsell/cross-sell against high margin and high opportunity products that meet our customers’ growing needs
- Provide thought leadership on all things lifecycle and drive cross-functional collaboration across marketing, technical, operations, and product teams.
- Identify critical metrics and benchmarks relevant to lifecycle/retention and implement weekly and monthly reporting.
- Envision and implement retention and loyalty programs that provide customer value, based on a deep understanding of our audience, segments, and journeys.
- Build, grow, and optimize marketing automation initiatives across all engagement channels – email, SMS, re-targeting, site, and more.
- Partner hyper-closely with the Brand team to connect our content with powerful insights, and the Content team to amplify our voice and narrative.
- Heavy focus on reducing churn through proactive engagement and win-back marketing.
- Be a customer advocate. Maintain a strong sense of confidentiality and data privacy.
- 15+ years of proven experience in consumer marketing, audience development, CRM
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Strong data competency, with ability to synthesize data and insights into succinct strategies and action plans
- An understanding of competitive landscape, best practices, and martech platforms and tools
- Strong understanding of creative efficiency and customer-centric design
- Experience developing loyalty/rewards programs from the ground up
- Customer-centric approach with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional team members together to advance retention and growth goals, and in helping other teams bring results through close collaboration
You Have…Ideally You Also (Preferred Qualifications)
- Have expertise in other performance marketing channels such as SEM, Display, Paid Social – understanding how marketing channels complement one another in order to run effective cross-channel marketing campaigns.
- Have experience in a high growth tech company or startup environment.
Perks And Benefits
- Company Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Great Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- HSA Company contribution $500 for employee / $1000 for family
- 401(k) with a 4% match
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off!)
- One-time $500 payment to set up your home office
- 4 Company Wellness Days a year
- 1 floating holiday
- $100 monthly wellness allowance to spend on what you want
- Access to free on-demand fitness classes
- Free subscription to Calm
- Pet Insurance
- Ongoing education through LinkedIn Learning, Workday Learning and our Career Growth Portal
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit wpengine.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.