Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
In this senior regional leadership role you’ll play a key role in supporting Xero’s digital acquisition and engagement strategy across US & Canada, spanning all audiences, including small businesses, accountants and bookkeepers. Working closely with the regional and country brand & marketing teams and as a member of the global digital team, you will be instrumental in growing our subscriber base and customer engagement through a mix of world class digital programmes and initiatives. As a key contributor to, and regional lead, of our digital strategy you will help set the direction and priorities for our digital programmes of work, and ensure they meet stated regional objectives and desired customer outcomes. You will also be the regional leader of a team of digital professionals and ensure they are well led, supported and developed.
What you’ll do…
- Oversee execution of the digital acquisition and engagement strategy and roadmap across North America, working closely within the global Digital matrix model.
- Oversee delivery of regional digital marketing leads (MQLs) for the partner channel and regional sales performance for the small business direct (digital) channel.
- Lead regional digital planning, prioritization, target setting and performance tracking, including digital CAC investment, performance and ROI. Deliver regular updates to regional and global team stakeholders.
- Build strong connections with regional stakeholders and forums (brand & marketing, sales and communications) in order to advocate and represent their needs and priorities inside the global digital team and to ensure alignment on roles, responsibilities, objectives and outcomes.
- Working closely with the global digital teams, bring a growth hacking mindset to identify opportunities to continuously optimise acquisition and conversion, and grow lifetime value.
- Manage regional digital campaign execution and localisation efforts. Ensuring regional marketing plans are appropriately communicated and supported from a digital execution perspective.
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends and opportunities across the region to drive insights and recommendations. Oversee regional promotional activity within the digital channel.
- Take the global lead on agreed programmes of work, including identifying and piloting key digital initiatives within your region, and support regional implementation of global digital programmes.
- Lead and nurture a team of talented digital experts across North America, within a matrix structure, partnering with other global and regional digital teams to ensure we get the most out of our global digital operating model and provide the team opportunities to develop and do exciting work. Support recruitment and engagement of in-region talent across Xero’s digital teams.
What you’ll bring with you…
- Exceptional digital marketing expertise, across acquisition and engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- A “hands on” great leader and exceptional influencer with a can-do attitude and agile toolkit.
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset, and confidence to challenge and lead constructively all levels of management.
- A love of data and proven ability to use media, funnel and engagement metrics to identify continuous optimisation opportunities.
- Curiosity and open-mindedness. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and leading cross-functional teams.
- At least 8 years’ experience in digital marketing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- B2B and/or B2C SaaS experience, preferably with a digital/eCommerce focus. US and/or Canada.
- Experience of managing a high-performing, cross-functional team within a matrix model.
- A demonstrable record of success in driving growth and ROI.
Working across multiple timezones in a global company.
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values – #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team – which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
· Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
· Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
· Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
· Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
· US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave up to 100
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.