Someone asked me today —
I mentioned to them that there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to organize a customer advisory board will vary depending on the specific needs and goals of the organization.
However, some tips on how to organize a customer advisory board include:
1. Develop a charter
- Develop a CAB Charter
- Define the purpose of the advisory board
- Ensure Leadership is on board with the plan
- Identify and reach out to potential board members.
- Create a schedule and structure for the board meetings.
- Communicate regularly with the board members.
- Solicit feedback and input from the advisory board.
- Track attendees, overall contributions, NPS, CSAT, Engagement on a community or with a user group, ARR/NRR for the Account, etc.
- Step back and reflect every quarter about what works and what doesn’t