This templates was created by Harikrishna, a customer marketing and advocacy professional, currently works at Chargebee. He’s passionate about all things customer love and loyalty, CX, and UX design.
You can find @Hari on the CLG Campus
1. Template can be found here.
2. Video explaining how to use the template
- Internal teams not being able to find the right kind of story they want, leading to repetitive requests for more (new) stories
- Customer marketers spending hours in just finding the right case study
- Customer marketing lacking data-backed evidence on case study distribution (Across segments, regions, and use cases), making it hard to determine where to focus
Once you start extracting all useful data points and factual information from the story and capture it in one place, everything starts falling into place. It need not be fancy, we can just start off with a spreadsheet extracting all possible details from the case study — about the customer, the story, key results and use cases covered, etc., – you can make a copy of this template and build on top of it.
- While it’s possible to add filters to spreadsheet columns, you may want to retain control of this sheet to ensure it’s not accidentally edited, or worse, deleted. So it’s best to connect this sheet with a tool like Google Data Studio (Looker Studio) or Airtable. These are much more user-friendly too.
- Add pre-defined filters in Google Data Studio for the parameters your internal teams would find helpful (Eg: Region, Vertical).
- Share this report across the org and overcommunicate until your Sales & Marketing team become well-aware of this
- Make this part of team onboarding (especially for Sales teams) so new hires always get to know about this
- Other benefits: For the same data, we can plot graphs and charts to visualize a heatmap of where we have a stronger social proof and where we need to invest more.