This will be the first of several updates from the CLG Campus faculty lounge.
First, I want to welcome everyone who arrived on Campus for the beta launch. Creating The CLG Campus has been a personal goal of mine for several years. I have always wanted to create a place where marketers can learn and grow together, and go beyond just a product oriented academy to a place of collaborative learning that focuses on helping people improve their craft and accelerate their career. I remember sharing this wish with industry leaders like Scott Brinker back in 2017, when I left Marketo. Why didn’t I create it sooner? Basically, my kids were little and I spent most of my extra time with them. But now, thanks to Base, I have been able to put my energy into the Campus, where I hope to leverage my experience at martech companies such as HubSpot, Marketo and Adobe, but also at ed-tech companies such as Udacity and Coursera.
Since we are in the early stages of this endeavor, I recommend a few places to visit:
- Key tasks to set up your profile
- Topical Learning Paths
- Resource Center
- Learning Center
- Discussion Forums
- Customer-Led Groove Podcasts
This week’s Campus features:
- From the Learning Center: You will want to check out Prof Eran‘s new Customer-Led Growth: Creating an Action Plan course. This might be the first true CLG course offered on the web. Don’t worry, there will be more.
- From the Resource Center: G2 Updated their Buyer Behavior Research Report. You can see it here.
- From the Resource Center too: New Job Center with the last job listings here.
Some content that caught my eye this past week:
- Integrate and Forrester put together A 3-Part Video Series on How B2B Marketers Can Thrive in a Buyer Driven World. Watch here
- Tealum has a video worth watching: 3 Proven Recipes for Increasing Loyalty and Retention. Watch here.
- Asha May’s LinkedIn article “Shh.. Customer Experience: The Best Kept Revenue Secret,” which provides a new framework for CX. Asha and I will be recording a podcast this week, so I am looking forward to learning more – and will share my learnings the following week.
- 5 Predictions for CMOs to Win in 2023 – Forbes article. Sorry about all their pop-ups, etc.
- Mik, a member of the Campus Crew, also wrote an article in LinkedIn: The Importance of Customer Marketing During this Tough Last Quarter of the Year
- Forget The Funnel: a Customer-Led Approach to Driving Predictable, Recurring Revenue a new book by Georgina Laudi and Claire Suellentrop
Professional Development Tips:
- The power of day-to-day decisions: While its important to be goal oriented, it’s important to understand the power of small gains, especially when it comes to day-to-day projects. This is similar to what the book, Tiny Habits: The Small Changes that Change Everything, focused on. In a similar vein, New PwC research shows that starting and stopping smaller projects contribute at least as much to performance as making big, business-level decisions and deals. Project-level and business-level resource reallocation are equally important to performance, with the former accounting for 51% of performance variation in our model associated with resource allocation, and the latter accounting for 49%.
- Article: 5 Career Principles — Good article about how to approach your next job from The Atlantic’s Derek Thompson.
- We also offer some workshop videos focused on careers and professional growth here.
Here’s a list of our current faculty members. If you are interested in contributing content or teaching a course, let me know @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any suggestions for us and/or if you see anything that needs fix’n, ping me directly or post a note here.
OK – Time for me to prepare for this week’s classes and events.
See you around Campus.