What 3 books do you recommend?Posted by Professor Wilder on February 13, 2023 at 9:24 am::
Wanted to identify books to add to the CLG Campus Library,
- This discussion was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Professor Wilder.
ModeratorFebruary 13, 2023 at 11:11 am271 Points::HelpfulUp1
Advocate Marketing – Strategies for building buzz, leveraging customer satisfaction, and creating relationships. By Barbara Thomas and published by Pearson publishing.
Fanocracy by David Meerman Scott
Hit Refresh by Satya Nadella.
MemberMarch 8, 2023 at 11:00 am260 Points::HelpfulUp1
Dare To Lead by Brené Brown – takes all the great knowledge and her other books and drops them into a leadership perspective by talking about how to lead with vulnerability and empathy.
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni – great for new and existing leaders to understand how to build teams by focusing on fostering strong relationships and culture.
Essentialism by Greg McKeown – I’m halfway through listening to it on Audible now, and it’s already given me some great tips and strategies on how to prioritize what’s critical now versus later to avoid over-committing and fatiguing myself and my team.
MemberFebruary 17, 2023 at 11:43 am887 Points::
The last two are fiction, but have a prophetic view of the future.
MemberMarch 6, 2023 at 8:34 am851 Points
MemberMarch 9, 2023 at 12:27 am604 Points::
Three I’m reading right now:
* Human-Centered Communication: A Business Case Against Digital Pollution by Ethan Beute and Stephen Pacinelli. Useful guide to earn attention, build trust, create enagement, strengthen relationships, and grow revenue by putting HUMANS first; Ethan was a presenter at our meetup recently: Why Video Messages Aren’t About Video https://youtu.be/i9wcqKtMVhk
* The Business of Belonging: How to Make Community Your Competitive Advantage by David Spinks. The CMX co-founder maps out the route to a successful community with real-world examples; interesting insights on the psychology of communities.
* Belonging to the Brand: Why Community is the Last Great Marketing Strategy by Mark Schaefer. Includes some iteresting takes on Web3 and communities of the future.
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by Rich. Reason: (removed YT link as I don't want the YT thumbnail cluttering the post)
AdministratorMarch 9, 2023 at 8:00 am4344 Points::
The only one I haven’t read is Human Centered Communication. It’s a good time in my life to read that (not just for work stuff). Will explain the next time we speak.
MemberMarch 9, 2023 at 10:59 am604 Points::
Cool. You can get a free digital version of the book here https://bombbomb.com/freebook/
Full disclosure: I am not a customer and have only traded BombBomb video emails with Ethan; we had some meetings after he presented to our meetup. Nice thing is while the book is video-centric, the concepts & models apply to any content type/format/channel (and there’s no overt nor covert product pitch); the authors smartly consolidate takes from a dozen industry experts (did you know Dan Tyre at HubSpot?).