I spent President’s Weekend playing soccer with my son and dancing with my daughter. My daughter also asked me if we could do a podcast together, so she might be a guest on one of my upcoming shows : ).
Last week, here are the two books I read:
– Dan Tyre‘s Inbound Organization: How to Build and Strengthen Your Company’s Future Using Inbound Principles. Dan and I worked closely together at HubSpot. Not only is he a ball of energy, he has great insights around how to use HubSpot’s Inbound Methodology to bring people together to develop customer-first programs. Check it out here (By the way, you can listen to my interview with Dan here.)
– I reread Customer Success Mindset: Building Customer-Centricity into the DNA of your Growth Strategy, by Jyo Shukla, who I am interviewing this week. The book provides a nice framework for Customer-Led-Growth or customer-centric strategies. More here.
Reminder: We have a Free Agent page for those who want to be listed. Congrats to Dmitrij Dolgušin for landing a job.
New CLG Courses, Upcoming Workshops and Office Hours
- New Course: Global Marketing – Making Your Marketing Programs Global by Wendy Pease 🌍, who is helping companies localize their marketing and content. Enroll here.
- New Course: Accelerate Your Career with Victor Cho, former CEO of Evite. Enroll here.
- Live Workshop on March 1st at 12 noon PT / 3 pm ET Live Workshop: Create Impactful Dashboards that sort out your Community Data Firehose with ✨ Samantha “Venia” Logan Takes place on Sign up here.
- Live Office Hours on March 6th @ 12 noon PT and 3 pm PT: Starting Your CLG Program with Eran Livneh and Luis González. Sign up here.
- Live Course on March 8th @ 12 noon PT and 3pm PT: So, You Want to Create an Advocacy Program? with Alison Bukowski, CCAP I and Luis González Sign up here.
New CLG Campus Content
- To help you learn about ChatGPT, here’s a recording of a great webinar I attended, led Rich Schwerin and Rosemary Brisco. You can watch it here.
- To help you work with ChatGPT, here’s a presentation of prompts you can use. Read here.
- New – Video Interviews with CLG Practitioners and Experts. Watch here. I will be adding new videos later this week.
- Getting Your Organization Aligned Behind Your Advocacy Program with Heather Pritchett. Listen here.
- Integrating Customer Education and Community with Michelle Kostya, Listen here.
9 key steps for great customer interviews with Jim Lien. Listen here.
Overview of Executive Council Programs with Christopher Detzel. Listen here.
LinkedIn posts that caught my eye
- Kevin Chiu, who is increasingly writing about Customer-Led Growth, talks about how Atlassian (JIRA) got to $100M ARR and $44B valuation *bootstrapped* with no sales team for a majority of their company’s lifetime, and has gone down in history as the most efficient go-to-market machine of all time. “In an economy where venture capital is dry, unicorns are dead, & only camels survive: I break down full details of their strategy directly from an interview between their CRO & top investment firm, Kleiner Perkins.” Read here.
- Monika Saha CMO of Gainsight, provides her definitions of customer marketing and where certain marketing activities should sit in the organization. Read here.
- Robert Meza talks about building better habits and provides a book list to guide us. Read here.
- Why We Do What We Do by Dr Helena Boschi
- How to Change by Katy Milkman
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Good Habits Bad Habits by Wendy Wood
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg, PhD
- Continuous Discovery Habits by Teresa Torres
- Hooked Nir Eyal
Well, that’s it for this week. Let either me or one of the CLG-Campus faculty members (Link needed) know how we can help out.