What are 1-3 professional goals for 2023Posted by Professor Wilder on January 3, 2023 at 2:26 pm::HelpfulUp2
Here’s my list of professional goals (I can also share the family stuff, if you want)
- Make the CLG Campus a success – receive an NPS score of 55+ for the CLG Campus (www.clgcampus.base.ai)
- Learn how to create great videos – and post 20 videos on LinkedIn
- Write deadlines for my book by January 30th and complete draft for publisher by Dec. 30th
What are your 2023 goals?
- This discussion was modified 9 months ago by Professor Wilder.
MemberJanuary 9, 2023 at 10:59 am15 Points::
1. publish 3-4 LinkedIn articles per month to showcase my writing skills beyond what I do at work
2. solidify my reputation as the go to guy for top tier Oracle tech customer interviews and stories
3. remain gainfully employed, at Oracle or elsewhere (2023 was the year of massive layoffs here)
MemberFebruary 3, 2023 at 11:47 am127 Points
MemberFebruary 1, 2023 at 11:21 am1145 Points::
1. Get a job in customer marketing and advocacy (or adjacent roles)
2. Learn more tech products (all the Zendesks and Asanas and so on) and software suites in more depth (Microsoft Office, Google Suite…)
3. Read more industry books
(based on #1 – buy a new couch)
AdministratorFebruary 1, 2023 at 2:16 pm4343 Points::
Hey @Kathy – Love the list. Let me know how I can help you with the job search. We are also building a page highlighting free agents (and will mention in our communications). Here’s a link to the page (it is in draft mode). Let me know what books you read/recommend. Thank you for all your support here! —-
MemberJanuary 10, 2023 at 10:29 am260 Points::
1. Become more engaged on LinkedIn by posting at least once a week
2. Connect more with the greater Customer Marketing community and participate in CLG Campus more 🙂
3. Volunteer more! Cisco gives employees 40 “Time2Give” hours each year to give back ☺
AdministratorJanuary 10, 2023 at 12:50 pm4343 Points::
@Preston Great to see you on Campus. I love the goal of posting on LinkedIn 1 x per week. Let me know if I can help out in anyway. And of course, volunteering is awesome. I am know that Cisco really encourages this. “The Time2Give” is a great program….. Thanks for sharing.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Professor Wilder.
MemberFebruary 3, 2023 at 11:54 am127 Points::
Love this thread, I might have to steal it as a discussion topic for my Community 😆
1. Complete a beautiful and C-suite ready Community strategy deck – this is proving to be a big challenge and one I am avoiding tackling right this moment to take a break and hang on campus ☕
2. Successfully partner with our Certification, Education, Documentation and Training Team (CEDT) – These experiences should all be connected to Community and customers should have one login to access all of them. This is definitely a “pipe dream” status project, but we want it to come to life in 2024, and to do that, we need to start now.
3. Get a handle on my relationship with work – This one is a bit personal and related to number one. Leading a large Community with multiple platform as a team of 1 is challenging. There’s a lot of in the weeds work to be done, but I need to be thinking strategically about making meaningful change for the future. Finding a way to balance both and make meaningful progress (and not feel like I’m half-assing two things) is challenging. I want to feel secure in my role while making meaningful progress. Easier said than done in today’s corporate climate.
Thanks for the prompt here @Wilder-at-Base !